Day 4 - Spaces and spaciousness


Quotes

"The space in which we live should be for the person we are becoming now, not for the person we were in the past." - Marie Kondo

"We need defined spaces in which to live infinite lives." - Ben Okri

"Kindness is just love, with work boots on..."
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Intention

To create a page about the physical and mental spaces the transformed me will live and thrive in.

My process

            I maintain an "wish-to-ideas" book containing collages, notes and articles on my "ideal" life.  That contains specifics. I work on it intermittently. The quotes I chose seemed to suggest that I create an artwork that acts as a mnemonic (memory aid) keep me focussed on working on that book regularly if I want to bring about change.
            Using watercolours I drew an elephant head, but instead of ears the elephant had wings.
            I took the elephant head to signify "old" beliefs, ideas and qualities within myself which were "large" and "wise" and which I needed to respect. I also took it to represent Ganesh (the Hindu God who is the remover of obstacles, as I grew up in India, where images of Ganesh were ubiquitous at the time in my life when I was doing laboratory work for my Masters.) Taking this a step further I assumed it to be a message from my subconscious that obstacles I faced were removable.
            The butterfly ears were obvious to me, as butterflies represent transformation, and so by using my ears to listen and learn, I could transform. The blue colour represented calm and the pink love, while the green background represented growth, space and spaciousness.

Journaling Prompt:

1.       Does my artwork suggest specific stories or myths that have the potential to inform and help me?
      What changes can I make to my physical space to help me grown and transform?
2.      How do I create an attitude of "mental spaciousness" in which to birth new possibilities for myself?

   Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.

Comments

Popular Posts