Day 6 - Viewing uniqueness from two perspectives


Quotes

"You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress - simultaneously." - Sophia Bush

"No one else is you. That is your power."

"I'll see it when I believe it."

"Do not respect your heart by learning what it needs and giving it the opposite." - Nayyirah Waheed.

Intention

To create a page about seeing uniqueness within the context of the ordinary.

My process

I used watercolours, black felt pen and gold gel pen to draw a face and complete it in a 10 minute time frame. Then I sat back and asked "What is unique about this very ordinary drawing?" After listing a whole lot of obvious things - like the butterflies, the blue and purple hair and the gold freckles - which aren't really unique, it occurred to me that what we see as unique (and worth noting and celebrating) and what we see as unique (and shy away from) is really a reflection of nothing but ourselves.

Journaling Prompt:

1.      What do I see as unique and worth noting and celebrating? Why?
2.      What do I see as unique but shy away from? Why?

   Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.

Comments

Popular Posts