Day 8 - Making peace with being 'lost' for a while


Quotes

"Let the journey feel the way you want the destination to feel."

"Getting lost is not a waste of time."

"Honour the space between 'no longer' and 'not yet'."

"Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you. It will only burn what you are not." - Mooji

Intention

To craft a page about creating mental supports which allow oneself to be OK with not knowing answers.

My process

I used watercolour paints and felt pens. I created a page filled with coloured dots. To me this represents chaos, but looking at that pattern I feel that there is a beauty in chaos, a lesson - that chaos results when an existing pattern that has served its purpose, starts rearranging itself into something more relevant. If that is the case, it is OK to make one's peace with waiting out the chaos.

Journaling Prompt:

How do I support myself through periods of feeling 'lost'?

Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.


Comments

Popular Posts