Day 9 - Visioning a new life


Quotes

"Visioning is purposeful day dreaming applied to everyday life." - Lucia Capacchione

"Visioning is a process for creating the life you want...for finding the dream that lives in your heart and translating it into 3-D." - Lucia Capacchione

"Let your mind see what your heart already knows."

"If dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."

"If you can dream it, you can do it."

"The door to the world is the heart."

"Only the heart can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

"Everything in life, responds to the song of the heart."

Intention

To create a page about constructing a mind space in which allow oneself to start envisioning the changes one can and should make.

My process

I used watercolour crayons and felt pens to create a mandala, with an image of a woman meditating at the centre of it, surrounded by coloured concentric circles. Each circle contained an encouraging message. My take away from this was that to create transformational change one needs to be crystal clear about what visioning is and what it isn't. Affirmations help keep the motivation on track, but these affirmations must be self-chosen and relevant to oneself.

Journaling Prompt

What affirmations help me feel that it is OK to give credence to my dreams? Why have I chosen particular affirmations in preference to others?

Daily Wrap Up:

     After completing your artwork and journal entry, consider the following questions:
   - Has my work followed the suggested theme? 
- - Is a particular motif, story or message persistently showing through in my work? What does this suggest to me?
   - If not, is there a pattern, underlying suggestion, message or idea which it has raised. 
   - Is this pattern related to my previous journal entries?
   - Would I like to follow it further? If so, how can I do that in a way which empowers me?
   - How do I feel about the work I have done? Why?
- - Do I feel any resistance to the process? Why?
    In your journal, write up a few comments answering these questions, or else highlight the sections of your written work that seem to suggest a pattern or feature you would like to work on.



Comments

Popular Posts